Sunday, September 28, 2008

It feels like fall...

A couple of weeks ago while we were in the van, Ava informed me that she was "sad because pretty soon it was going to be winter and her sleeves would grow long again." I think long sleeve weather may have arrived. Fall is definitely in the air here in Minnesota. I would dislike fall more (being as it is the prelude to winter) if it weren't so beautiful. Our neighborhood is full of maple trees, and the colors are becoming spectacular.


Ava likes to find pretty leaves in the yard and collect them. She loves to share them with Andy and I, and tries to share with Luke, who would rather do crazy stunts on his trike.
We have considered changing his name to Luke Knievel because he is always pushing the limit of how close he can ride his trike to the top of the deck steps, or walk backwards to the steps with out looking. He also like to climb and dangle from different places on the swingset. There is a reason for the frequent doctor visits to get patched up! It is amazing it isn't more often.

Today marked the first Sunday that Antioch Community Church officially met for a worship service. The official opening Sunday is October 19, so today was a trial run. Things went so well, and we are so excited to be off the ground running. Andy had a great message, and I think you can listen to him on the website antiochcommunity.org. (If not this week, definitely in the future.) There is also a nice picture of Luke on the website as well. Thanks to everyone out there praying for us! We'll keep you posted on how things are going. Happy fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Her sleeves would grow long again" - how cute is that!! Wish I could spend some time with the little buggers! They are so sweet. Just so you know - I'm always checking your blog and I love it. Makes me feel a little bit connected. Thanks for doing it.

Love you all. Aunt Sharon