Monday, September 14, 2009

Preschool!

Today was Ava's first official day of preschool! She has been anxiously waiting and waiting and waiting for this day to arrive. Last Friday we had preschool open house to go in and meet the teachers and see the room, and as soon as we got there, Ava asked me when I was going to leave. She was pretty disappointed when she learned I was going to be staying, but today I dropped her off and she got to stay by herself. As I walked her to the door and she ran in, I just couldn't seem to grasp that we were here already. I know people say kids grow up so fast, and that reality really hit me today. It seems not too long ago that this was my sweet little girl.And today she couldn't wait to grab her backpack and run out the door. With her fabulous new haircut and clothes she picked out herself.
I can't believe how old she looks! She had a great time, told me all about her new friends, and can't wait for Wednesday to arrive. As fast as these past few years went, I feel like I might go to bed tonight and tomorrow she will graduate from high school. I know they must grow up, and how I treasure the past few years. Now Luke is all fired up for preschool, especially since Ava told him there is a toy train in her classroom. I am glad I get a couple more years with him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe it either! wow...time flies. i love ava's new hair. she is so cute!

laura

Barb said...

Wait until they're gone every day. Then it's prom and weddings. Totally sucks.

Anonymous said...

It's true - it goes fast. BUT...don't mourn them before they're gone. ENJOY ENJOY! I still miss my girls (Kali's been gone over 7 years and Kelsey 5!). Sometimes at night I lay in bed and think I hear them upstairs in their rooms (no, its not raccoons in the ceiling, Barb!). But what a blessing to have been able to be home with them and what memories! And now, we're going to start over with the next generation of babies (unbelievable!!). Ava is beautiful. Wish I knew her better (and Luke too). So glad you keep me up on the blog.

Love you. Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

So cute!! She does look older with her new hair style. Glad she's loving pre-school. Just take it a day at a time!

Love you all,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Ava is beautiful and looks so very grown up! I know I don't usually comment but I do check your blog often. Thanks!
Aunt Linda