Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trains

Now that colder weather is arriving in Minnesota, Luke and I have been finding things to do inside these days. The afternoons get very long now that Ava is in school all day. Luke misses her A LOT. I miss her A LOT, especially since Luke is not one who enjoys entertaining himself. So we have been playing with his train set. And trying to out do ourselves every time we build a new track. I must confess, I actually love playing with the trains and building the tracks. I can spend hours doing it. This past week I think Luke and I might have built our best track yet.
The tricky part to all of this is making sure the ends of all the different tracks fit together when you are finished.
Another first time feat we accomplished was building this "double decker" bridge. Luke was pretty pumped about that.
And of course, all tracks have to include the beloved roundhouse - Luke's Christmas gift from a year ago. It really is a great way to spend time with Luke, it is so fun to see him get excited about adding a bridge, and he is really good at figuring out which pieces of track will fit in certain spaces. I don't know who appreciates the trains more, Luke or his mom!

No comments: