Sunday, April 6, 2008

Siblings!

Ava had to go to bed early tonight. Early and without a snack. She had really been looking forward to the snack, too, because we had made some brownies earlier today. Her crime? She bit her brother. Hard. We're talking nearly broke the skin hard. And it was for no apparent reason either. Biting is something I take very seriously, I do not want to have "the biter" in the nursery or anywhere else for that matter. Not to mention it can really cause physical damage! Our little incident has made me think back to growing up with my siblings and remembering a story my mom always told about my oldest sister biting someone in the church nursery. Did mom send her to bed early with out a snack? No, she did something so very unlike anything I have ever known my mom to do. She bit her back! And my sister never bit anyone again! I laugh every time I think of my mom doing that (for those of you who know my mom, you can understand). I remembered that story tonight, and even though I couldn't bring myself to do the same thing, I was thankful for my parents and the examples they are for me now that I have my own biters to deal with. Thanks Mom & Dad!

No comments: