It has been a big week for Andy. His 29th birthday was this past Tuesday, and yesterday (Thursday) was his ordination council. What in the world is ordination, some of you may be wondering? Basically, it is the process by which the Evangelical Free Church of America, the denomination we belong to, officially recognizes and approves their ministers. Yes, Andy is now officially a Rev. Kind of crazy! It is really kind of an intense process. It all started 6 years ago when he was licensed and then had to write a paper on the E-Free statement of faith, and then yesterday sat before 25 people and defended his positions and paper. Kind of hard to explain on a blog, but he did great, and we are all very proud of him. It is a big accomplishment. And a family affair! I got to serve a meal to the council, and Ava and Luke helped me make May baskets, being as the council was on May 1st.

I asked Ava if she wanted to do a craft with me for daddy's big meeting, and she was so excited! A few minutes later she asked me "What kind of crap?" I laughed so hard I cried. I was like, no honey, craft, FT, CRA-FT! She still didn't quite get it and referred to it as crap a few more times. It was pretty funny.
For Andy's birthday, some dear friends surprised him by sending him Giordano's pizza. YUM!!! It came packed in dry ice, so the kids and I had a little fun with it.

Not to mention the pizza tastes just like it does when you get it at the restaurant! Fantastic! Thanks to all of you who were paying for yesterday and who have supported us on the journey thus far. You all mean so much to us and we appreciate each one of you.
2 comments:
Congratulations and Happy Birthday Rev. Andy!!! :) Glad to hear things are going well for you!
I laughed so hard at the "crap" response! It totally sounds like something Abby would say too! Aren't these years of learning and understanding hilarious!
Miss you!
Melanie
We are so proud of Andy! The family too, we know that the dad's career really spills over!
Pizza and science could there be anything better?!?!?!
Love you all!
Jen
Post a Comment