In other happenings, we broke out the bikes this past week and got out the bike trailer for the kids. They absolutely love it! It is a lot of fun, but my legs are tired! As cute as they are, they are heavy!
Monday, July 14, 2008
The statue
I have a little statue sitting in front of my house that I really dislike. It is this ugly little boy sitting down holding a little dog. My family has affectionately nicknamed this horrible little statue "the gnome." Why don't I just get rid of this statue, you may ask? Because I am bound by the rules and ordinances of Rookfest. Rookfest is our annual family card tournament that takes place on New Year's Day every year. It is an intense day of playing cards (the game Rook, obviously), spending time as a family, and of course lots of eating. We draw for partners, have a theme, and wear costumes. It really is a great time. The winners get their names on a plaque, the losers get to display ugly lawn statues, like the gnome. The worst part of this whole ugly statue situation is the fact that I won Rookfest this year with my brother (3 time champ, thank you very much) and yet I still have the embarrassment of the statue. Why? Because my dear husband (only a 2 time champ, haha) was on the losing team. I am really looking forward to next Rookfest and hopefully getting rid of the statue. The only person I think will be disappointed will be Luke. He loves the thing and is always trying to hug it!
In other happenings, we broke out the bikes this past week and got out the bike trailer for the kids. They absolutely love it! It is a lot of fun, but my legs are tired! As cute as they are, they are heavy!
In other happenings, we broke out the bikes this past week and got out the bike trailer for the kids. They absolutely love it! It is a lot of fun, but my legs are tired! As cute as they are, they are heavy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great pic of Luke... hope to see you around Hope this weekend!
Talk soon - kerb
Post a Comment