Two of my favorite quotes from the past couple of days...
I was giving Luke a hug and said, "Luke, I love you so much! I just can't get enough of you!"
To which Luke replies, "I don't want you to die!"
That is good, I guess?
Recently, Ava has been going through a phase of wanting to be early to school and the first one in her classroom (can you say firstborn?). The bell rings at 8:30 to let the kids in the school, but school doesn't start until 8:45. We live less than 5 minutes away from school, so leaving at 8:25 to have her there at 8:30 shouldn't be a problem, right? Well, Ava also likes to sleep in. There have been mornings where we have to wake her up, sometimes even as late as 8:15. And it is not like we keep her up at night, she is usually in bed between 7:30 and 8 pm. She likes sleep. Yesterday morning was a late sleep morning. I finally wake her at 8:05, and she wants to snuggle, which I can't turn down, but I tell her she won't be early today. So we are in the van on the way to school, and I remind her that she probably won't be the first one today because she slept late. And she says,
"I don't know why my body just likes sleep. In the mornings, it is like my spirit is awake but my eyes just won't open."
The girl just cracks me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment